Tuesday 21 September 2010

Part 9. - When Men Don't Cut It Anymore.

On Sunday I went for an early dinner with the girls to a bar called Dogma. On a Sunday they do half priced food and drinks so it was perfect for three broke girls who had a lot to catch up on. We all ordered and discussed our favourite topic, men. In a way it's completely tragic that three early twenty something girls spend their Sunday evening pouring their hearts out about how hard it is where men are concerned. We talked a lot, then after a nice discussion of how I'd been watching Sugar Rush lately, J and I decided we should forget men and try a turn with women. We even tried to go to the only gay bar in town, which doesn't open on a Sunday (we found out after we walked all the way there, excited by the prospect of pulling girls) so instead we settled for cocktails in Varsity and we returned to our discussion of our plight in relationships.

After we returned home I got to thinking about what it would be like to have a relationship with someone of the same sex. I'm not in the least bit homophobic and from a young age I've had no problem with kissing girls, and I do find some women attractive, even in a sexual sense. But I'm unsure now how far I'd be able to go with a girl. Is finding one attractive enough of a turn on? I'm not sure. I've never been that attracted to the naked female form, this is why I've never questioned whether I'm bisexual before. I have a feeling I could get as far as underwear then I'd be shaking my head and claiming not to be able to go any further, and as far as the sex goes.. I definitely think I'd much rather be having sex with a man, any day. But after the week i've had being there for my friends, it's definitely food for thought.. and of course watching Sugar Rush definitely has prompted this train of thought.

My flatmates and I discussed which women we find attractive, and like with men we all had different tastes. With Sugar Rush as a starting point, I find Saint attractive and J finds Kim attractive. Then in Gossip Girl I find Blair hot and J finds Serena (like she finds Nate delicious and I find Chuck's bad boy act a turn on). J also claimed if she was going to be with a girl she'd want her to be curvy where as the kind of girls i'm attractive to are the flat chested boyish ones.. which strangely mirrors the kind of guys I'm attracted to. Maybe it's all relative, and it's people i'm attracted, to not a particular sex. Maybe I'm so confused with relationships and sex at the minute (or the lack of) I have no idea what or who I'm attracted to! But if I could have my pick of women, I would definitely not say no to

(L-R Natalie Portman, Rachel Mcadams, Scarlett Johansson and Zooey Deschanel)

However one girl we all agreed on was the beautiful Katy Perry. I mean, who wouldn't?

I don't mind how people take this.. I don't really want anyone rushing to tell my parents I've come out, especially since I haven't. I honestly would still much rather meet a lovely boy, but girls do think about such things and that's what I've created this blog for, for the truth. And I have to admit, that J, K & I often have conversations with one another that men dream women have when they get together. And these are our sober conversations..

2 comments:

Frugal Pony said...

Amy I love this post, I think it is one of your best and it is really interesting and thought provoking.
I think a lot of girls can relate to what you are saying and I certainly can. Sometimes I think there's no such thing as sexuality but there being certain special people you click with, regardless of them being male or female. Sometimes love isn't where you expect to find it eh? so might as well be open minded about it :)

MK said...

So, Emmy and I both read this, and both had the same first thought.

"...So apparently Amy and I have the same taste in women..."

Thought you might get a kick out of that.

Also, this was a good piece. I love how it feels like you just sort of transcribe your inner monologue. :D